Kurabuchi English Village is looking for hard-working, motivated individuals to come work in a diverse environment in Takasaki, Gunma. Kurabuchi English Village (KEV) offers English immersion by mentoring elementary and junior high school students by instructing about a variety of subjects in English such as: farming, hiking, outdoor activities, and international culture. KEV offers a truly unique English learning experience. Come join our team and experience a different side of Japan!
Position: English Immersion Mentor
Facility: Kurabuchi English Village
Location: Kurabuchi, Gunma, Japan
Current Opening: Immediate opening with flexible start dates
Mentoring and instructing kids from different parts of Japan in a multicultural environment. With a focus on improving kid's English learning through a variety of different activities including culture days, hiking, camping, and other outdoor adventures.
- Must have graduated from and obtained a university diploma from an accredited
- Must currently live in Japan
- Must speak English at a native level
- Must currently possess a valid visa with work permission (sponsorship for renewing is available after hiring)
- Be able to create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn
- Help develop and create a curriculum that provides multiple points of entry for children and encourages their social and emotional growth.
- Be available to work on weekends
- Experience teaching and mentoring children in and outside of the classroom
- Someone who is active, healthy, and comfortable working outdoors
- Is positive, easy going, flexible, and motivated to work hard
- Understands and accepts cultural differences in the work environment
Candidates with the following attributes will be given top consideration:
- Has academic qualifications such as CELTA or TEFL certification
Mission and Core Values:
At KEV we teach our kids five important core values:
- Seize Opportunities
We provide visa sponsorship and renewal for candidates who have a degree from an accredited university.
Share Housing/ Housing Stipend:
We have rent-free shared housing available to employees (houses are separated by gender) or a partial living stipend is also available for those looking to rent on their own.
- Salaries range from 280,000 to 350,000 per month (years of relevant job experience and additional qualifications will determine starting salary)
- Commuting costs reimbursed
- 10 paid vacation days are given starting the first year of employment, with an additional day added for each contract year worked
- Summer Vacation: 3 days in August
- New Year's Vacation: December 31st-January 3rd Spring Vacation: 3 days
- Health insurance subsidy
- Japanese language assistance is available for obtaining an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary
As kids live at KEV year-round, our shifts have to cover the many hours needed to spend with the kids to give them a proper immersive experience. Shifts range from 4 hours to 15 hours. In a 31-day month, you will work about 177 hours. You are guaranteed 9 days off in a month, but often receive up to 12 days off.
- Accept and screen applicants (Submit by January 31 st )
a. Cover letter
c. One letter of recommendation
- Skype Interviews, check references (Early February)
- Send invites to join KEV staff for a trial (Middle of February to Beginning of March)
a. Travel (airfare available if traveling from Hokkaido or Okinawa), lodging, and meals will be reimbursed and covered by Kurabuchi English Village.
- Make official offer (End of March)